Saturday, May 19, 2007

On the Train....

ok so.... my commute to and from work every day always gives me something to think about.

The other day it was this... I am sitting there in my seat waiting for the train to take me home and there are are few other people in seats in my general area.

This woman gets on the train and walks over to me and asks me if someone is sitting in the seat next to me. well, no. no one is sitting there. The general assumption is that unless there is stuff on the seat the seat is available for you to sit in. I just thought it was a stupid question. You should assume that no one is sitting there.

I know in the grand scheme of things this is really nothing, but i just thought it was a stupid question...

Oh - that reminds me of something else really stupid someone said to me once while waiting for the train in the AM.

The train usually leaves at 735 - so we are all waiting on the platform for the train to show up and it is 15 minutes late so now it is 750 and this woman - who i have seen before so i know she isn't a tourist - she walks up to me and asks me if the train is late... um... i looked at my watch to make sure that i wasn't in some sort of time warp or something... yep. it is 750. OBVIOUSLY the train is late....

duh. stupid questions waste time.