Friday, May 11, 2007

Firsts

Yesterday I did something I have never done before.

I ran for 5 miles!

I have been running 3 - 4 with no problem for a few years now, but with J & J's peer pressure to run in the Baltimore half-marathon in October I need to start increasing my distances. I am thinking of signing up for a training program, but in order to do that I have to be able to run 5 miles 3 times a week. Hopefully I'll be able to do that. Today is a day off from running.

I need to go to a proper running store (NOT lady footlocker who sold me a pair of tennis shoes that I can't wear) and buy ANOTHER new pair of running shoes and also discuss what to do about my knee. My left knee has been killing me every time i run. I just ran through it yesterday and it eventually (after 3 miles) went away, but for the last 2 miles my ankle started to hurt.

This is so frustrating. My body is falling apart just at the point were my lungs and heart can actually deal with running long distances without a problem. The only reason I couldn't keep going after 5 miles was my stupid knee and ankle. Grrrr.

No comments: