Monday, April 30, 2007

Date Night

Every once in a while it is important to go out on a date with your significant other.

Friday night d and I had a date night. We started out the evening with dinner at Maggie Moore's - a pretty good irish restaurant/bar right across the street from the Hippodrome theatre.

We started with appetizers - D got soup (can't remember which kind) and I got their version of the Wedge. D said the soup was OK. My salad was also just OK. The salad would have been better if they took out more of the inner core of the lettuce. also, it only came with a few cherry toms and a couple of cucumber slices. I would have prefered more veggies. The dressing was supposed to be a blue cheese and tomato vinegrette but it tasted like watered down blue cheese with a little kick. Like i said... just ok...

For dinner D had the Shepard's Pie and I had the fish and chips. Our entrees were GREAT! We had to eat some good irish food to forget the nasty food from J. Patricks.

After dinner we went to Bedrock Billards to shoot a little pool. I was surprised at how dead the bar was. There are 6 tables upstairs and a bunch downstairs. I didn't make it downstairs, but upstairs there were at least 3 tables open the entire time we were there.

We played 3 games. D won all three, but it wasn't for a lack of trying. The first game I had two balls left. The second game I scratched on the 8 and the third game i had two balls left.

We were home by midnight. It was a good night.

No comments: