Monday, August 06, 2007

Baltimore Restaurant Week - Bar Review

So, this past week was baltimore restaurant week... i made reservations for D and I at Pazza Luna. I know, I know. We should have eaten somewhere that we have never been before but the point was really just so we wouldn't have to cook dinner last night. - This past weekend was really busy, so i thought i was doing us a favor...
anyways, so we ate a pazza luna - their restaurant week menu left a little to be desired. D was a little irritated b/c initially he didn't see anything he wanted on the menu. I went with the intention to get the vegitarian lasagna but they were all out.
I ended up getting the asparagus salad and the risotto with chicken and romaine?! The asparagus salad was a small bed of greens with 5 little asparagus spears and a half peach grilled and stuffed with gorgonzola cheese. The pear with gorgonzola was awesome! the asparagus was a little wimpy.
The risotto with chicken and romaine was creamy and had a hint of lemon. The romaine didn't really add any flavor but definately added texture which was helpful.
For dessert I had the tiramasu. It was tasty - flavorful - but too much. i was sooo full i couldn't finish it.
I have heard that some restaurants in Baltimore are extending their restaurant week menu. I might make another reservation for another location....
Also - this week is Washington, DC restaurant week.

No comments: