Monday, February 12, 2007

Other possible careers....

When i was 10 i wanted to be an astronaut. I thought it would be the coolest thing ever and I would go around telling people that i would be the first woman on Mars. I had that dream for about a year, until i discovered that you had to be in the Air Force to be an astronaut. I knew that i didn't want to be in the armed services so it sort of shot down that idea... but i would always think about it. Maybe someday I'll be able to go into space. Branson is doing some crazy stuff with Virgin Galactic.

Speaking of space - we are entering a new space race and we are quickly being overtaken by other countries whose name rhymes with "Dhina". Our country needs to get on the ball and stop short-changing our space program...

back to other careers... for a short time I also thought about being a teacher - maybe in high school or something. I still think about it sometimes, but now it would have to be college. I have a few friends who are/were high school teachers who have had a pretty hard time with it. Kids today are freaking insane. Granted they worked at one of the worst high schools in the City but still.... i don't know that i'd be able to handle that.

Last night a friend of mine told me that she is looking for a job that will allow her to work from home (to write off the house as a business expense), not do very much and get paid at least as much as she is making now... Amen! I told her if she figuered it out to let me know... Smart woman.

i also have always known that I would work for "the government" in some capacity... as the profile says, right now it is "other duties as assigned." I do a lot of different random stuff. I like working on the Hill but it can be a huge pain in the butt too... I guess it is all relative...

No comments: