Monday, February 12, 2007

Jeopardy!

what a great show! I used to watch it every night with my dad when i still lived at home. I thought he was the smartest man in the world. It seemed that he always knew the answer (question). I used to tell him that he should try out for the show but he never did.

I heard a story on NPR on New Year's Day - an old interview with Ken Jennings talking about his experience on Jeopardy and his new book. He said that he grew up over seas in a country where English was not the native language. He and his friends at his english school would rush home everyday to watch Jeopardy on TV b/c it was the only english language television program that was on. I found his story facinating and i am looking forward to reading his book - if i ever get some free time.

No comments: