Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day 17(ish): Going As Well As Can Be Expected

So... in the interveining 12 days since I last posted we went to a Labor Day BBQ and cheated on the diet (more with alcohol than food really), I had a work staff retreat where I cheated (2 glasses of wine and some potato chips), and we played poker last weekend and we both cheated (wine and a cookie or 3). I think we are doing pretty well though. I am base minue 3.8 lbs and hubby is base minus 4. We are going to Blacksburg this coming weekend (YEA!) so we will once again be off the diet - but i think we are going to do another week of Phase 1 before we move on to Phase 2. God I can't wait. All I want is a freaking muffin and a sandwich. Now I just need to figure out where I can find whole grain muffins and bread - or learn how to bake them....

I am really looking forward to going to the 'Burg for the weekend. We got free Tix to the Georgia Tech game. I really hope we win. That whole East Carolina thing was soooo depressing. I don't know if I'll be able to blog during any of the games this season if we are going to suck this bad. I think i will just get more depressed. I mean, we are in a "building year" and all but still.....

anyways... GO VT!

BTW - the half marathon is now 4 weeks and 3 days away. I've ran 5 miles a few times the last 2 weeks but i need to up it to 6. I just don't know when i'm going to have the time. 6 miles takes over an hour for me. I just can't do it in the AM b/c I am so hot afterwards - even after I shower. I need to do it at night or over the weekend (not possible this weekend.) I am going to run 5 miles tonight when i get home from work. It is getting a little dark now around 8 so i'm kinda worried about that but i think i will be ok... i don't think i have any reflecty clothes tho... hm...

ok - that's it for now. - Peace!

No comments: