Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Why am I up this late?


you might ask? Well, boss entered himself in a chili cook-off and no one else in the office stepped up to the plate so I am up at 1am waiting for my chili to cool a bit before I put it in the required 1 gallon glass jar.

The event is tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes. I am competing against chili purests from Texas and the mid-west where apparently there is an on-going debate about kidney vs. pinto beans, ground beef vs. steak, veggies vs. no veggies... hmmm.... this is going to be interesting. I am going to call our submission "D's Chili" or "Maryland Chili" and be done with it. I know some of the judges won't like it b/c of the kidney beans, ground beef, hot sausage (i think that the sausage will blow their minds! whoever heard of sausage in chili?), and many many veggies... yum!

No comments: