Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Jury Duty

So after all of this wedding business i was called for jury duty today.
I spent most of the day in the "quiet room" working on my thank you notes. Lunch was from 12:30 - 1:45. I fell asleep around 1:30 and woke up around 2:30 to the sound of my number being called to report to a court room. Great.
I headed upstairs and took a seat in the room. We went through the voi dure - a tortureous 2.5 hours and at the end of it i ended up as juror number 11 for a two day trial starting tomorrow. fun times. the guy is charged with making a false statement to police. i'm really not sure why something so lame would end up at trial let alone a two day trial. i guess we'll see.
The jury is made up of about 6 black women (including the 2 alternates), 5 black men, 2 white men, and me. I am the only white woman on the jury and by the looks of it I am also the only person under the age of 40. This is going to be interesting.

No comments: